- TU football had 2 wins including 1 against 24th ranked UTEP.
It was TU's first win over a top 25 team since 1996 when they
upset Iowa (19th, I think).
- TU's men's soccer team advanced to the elite 8 in the NCAA soccer tournament. They upset #2 SMU and #12, Penn State along the way. It was the farthest TU has ever advanced in the NCAA soccer tourney.
- There was a win for the mens basketball team against Northwester State. Granted, it was against a putz opponent, but it's TU's only win so far and could prove to be TU's only win all season. OK, maybe that's extreme pessimism, but TU is really bad. Barring a flukey miracle, there's no way they get 10 wins this year. It's so depressing. I can't even talk about it.
- The Women's basketball team went 4-0 during the streak. This was no surprise, because unlike the men, the women have a good team this year. In fact, I have no doubt that TU's womens' team would beat the men. Seriously. The mens' b-ball program has hit rock bottom. Oy...
- The womens' volleyball team defeated Oral Roberts. I know, volleyball. Who cares? But, it happened during the streak, so I'm making note of it.
So, that was a pretty impressive result for my bird-shit hat eh? Ah, the power of bird shit!
I'm getting direct TV and Tivo this weekend. It's supposed to be installed Saturday afternoon. I am so excited. I have been dreaming about Tivo forever. What an awesome invention. I really can't wait to start using it. I'll be able to watch TV on my schedule. I can keep up with all the random shows that I like but that I always miss because they come on at weird times - like Pimp My Ride and American Chopper. I can re-watch Lost to find all the crap I missed during the first viewing. I'll be able to get back into watching Letterman which I have given up for the most part because Randy doesn't like it much and I'm too old to stay up that late. Plus, I may never have to watch another commercial again. It's going to be so awesome. Technology is great!
In other news, I am so looking forward to next Wednesday. Dad and I will be driving down to Grand Prairie, TX to see CAKE. CAKE is our favorite band and we have been watching their tour schedule for years to try to catch them somewhere close. With the new album that just came out, I figured there would be a good chance of seeing them. Finally, they're headed to the DFW area. That's close enough. I can't wait. CAKE is so freakin' cool. The more I listen to their stuff, the more I love it. When I first listened to the new album, Pressure Chief I was kind of "meh" about it. But I kept listening to it and it kept getting better. It's great. Not as good as their 3rd and 4th albums, but still great. CAKE is just that way for some reason. When I first heard them back in college, I hated their music. Now they're my favorite band. Go figure.
So that's about it. Thanksgiving was uneventful. I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping which is uneventful. Really, I just don't have anything too interesting to discuss, so I guess I'll call it a day. Later.