- I had a birthday.
I turned 30, no biggie. We went out to dinner at Outback on my
birthday. Randy had a really bitchin' cake for me. It had a cow
with blue and gold spots (for TU) on it. Have I ever mentioned
that I'm obsessed with cows? I just think they're cute. Anyway,
also to celebrate my birthday, we went to Lake Murray for the weekend
Mom, Dad, Randy and I got a cabin and just goofed
off all weekend. We took Horatio. He had a blast. He had lots of
room to run around off leash and was so well behaved. He never took off
and was just cool.
- I have seen the bagpipe-mobile 2 more times since I wrote last. I still can't believe this guy listens to bagpipe music in his car by choice. It boggles the mind.
- I bought some goldish yellow Converse Chuck Taylor high tops on ebay (for TU games, naturally.) My next purchase will be blue shoe laces, although I won't need to go to ebay to find those.
- I went to Friday night boxing at the Farmers Market. I sat on the front row right by one of the boxers' corners. It rocked. I did that cool little fist bump thing with a victorious boxer whose nickname was Bodysnatcher. I really like boxing live. It's not as entertaining on TV, but I had a blast seeing it in person. The quality of the fighting was kinda weak, but still fun to watch. I'll be going back.
- I got back on my diet. I had gained back over half the weight I lost for the wedding - no more motivation. But now, summer is approaching. I'll have to be seen in a bathing suit. Not good. It's going ok so far, but damn I'm hungry.
- I spent a whole lot of time playing "The Sims - Bustin' Out" on the Playstation 2. Damn, that game is fun.
- I rented Drumlline on DVD. Good movie. It's cheesy and predictable, but I really liked all the drumming.
- I went bowling a couple of times. I'm getting a little better. Yay! I've actually been getting over 100. Hooray for me.
- I've been giddy over the upcoming baseball season. Play ball!.
- I did my taxes
- I got addicted to "The Apprentice". I know, I know... I am anti-reality tv. But I can't help it. I am mesmerized by Donald Trump's hair and I love to watch him fire people. I also love to watch his assistants George, and especially Carolyn go for blood in the boardroom. They don't even try to hide their loathing for these idiot contestants. It's high comedy. I actually only care about the boardroom part of the show. I channel flip during the rest of the show. This helps me hate myself just a little less for watching reality TV.
- I went to Tulsa and watched TU basketball get spanked by Gonzaga. I bought the tickets before the season started thinking it would be a good game. I knew TU wasn't going to be very good this year, but I had no idea they'd be SO bad. A 9 win season was just unfathomable to me. I was thinking 15-18 wins and maybe a trip to the NIT. Oy. At least the football program is turning around. Anyway, it was still a fun trip.
- Uh... I did a lot of other stuff that I can't remember now.
So, there you go. See how busy I've been. Wow that is really not a very impressive list. My life is just not that interesting, eh?
I've been enjoying the NCAA tourney so far. I've got 2 brackets going. After the first day, I'd missed 4 games. Not bad. And none of my misses really hurt me since I had my picks losing in round 2. At least I still have a shot at winning. That's better than I usually do.
OK, i've stretched this as much as I can. Sorry you waited over a month and all I came up with is crap. I really hate myself right now. Later.